Sunday 9 September 2012

Fiction, not stranger than fact ...

Laughing all the way to the bank ...
Being somewhat of a traditionalist it's not often that I am moved to put digit to keyboard on a Sunday, however, I thought I had to share a few thoughts on last night's 'fly on the wall' mockumentary, the BBC's most excellent, "The Thick of It".

What a delicious 30 minutes of satire that if it weren't so close to the reality that is British politics and so ball-achingly accurate a portrayal of the current (mis)administration would be truly hilarious.


I could rant on and on about the lack of joined-up thinking or morally bankrupt posturing that many nuMPties indulge in whilst racking up an eye-watering expense roll that totals nearly £90millions last year ... yes 650 of them costing a mean average of  £138,000 ... but unfortunately the kindly nurse who brings me my medication on such occasions does not work on the christian sabbath.

Suffice it to say, the sobriquet dropped into the fast-moving dialogue to describe the 'senior partners' in the coalition will now feature heavily in my lexicon ...

"upper-classholes"
... so simply and utterly brilliant, this single phrase is an entire justification for the Licence Fee.

No comments: